Aviation First Aid Instructor
In-flight medical emergency situations can develop suddenly and without warning. The aircrew’s knowledge of first aid can mean the difference between temporary or permanent injury, or the difference between life and death.
The First Aid Train the Trainer course is 5 days and suitable for all those who will be delivering first aid training for aircrew. The course prepares participant’s for a training role and enable them to teach first aid procedures and ensure that crew are capable of responding effectively to a range of possible injuries and illnesses inflight and on the ground.
The course provides instruction on
how to train aircrew in the most appropriate way of
dealing with a first aid incident or emergency in the
air, what actions to take prior to the emergency
services arriving and what to do if an emergency occurs
outside but in the vicinity of the aircraft, e.g. whilst
boarding passengers or in the event of a crash.
The course uses a range of teaching methods including
classroom instruction, group discussion, simulation and
During the course the participants will learn how to conduct practical exercises and will be required to demonstrate competency in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) sequence using a training manikin. The course also includes use of Automated External Defibrillation (AED) equipment.
Knowledge and skills are assessed through assessed instruction sessions and on the final day a written exam. The course package includes:
The course package includes:
- 5 days classroom training
- Trainer Manual in hard and soft format
- Comprehensive student course handouts in hard and soft format
- PowerPoint presentations
- Copyright permission for use of course materials within your airline
- Certification on completion of course
- Courtesy transport from Manchester (MAN) or Liverpool (LPL) Airports
- Conducted in our dedicated training centre, not a hotel room!
- Courtesy daily transport between local hotels and our training centre
- High quality refreshments and lunch on course training days