Aviation First Aid Course
Equip your aircrew with the essential skills and knowledge to provide lifesaving first aid in emergency situations with our Aviation First Aid Course. Designed specifically for aviation environments, our comprehensive 1-day course covers the most appropriate methods of dealing with incidents in the air and on the ground before emergency services arrive.
Our experienced trainers will guide participants through practical exercises, demonstrating the correct methods for administering first aid in aircraft environments, and ensuring that they develop competency in key techniques such as Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and the use of Automated External Defibrillation (AED) equipment.
Compliant with EASA and UK CAA regulations, our course is ideal for flight crew, cabin crew, operational staff, air traffic controllers, maintenance personnel and ground handling staff. Upon completion, participants will have the skills and knowledge to confidently supply competent aid to the sick and injured in all inflight and ground situations.
Choose to attend the course at our training centre in the UK or opt for in-company delivery at your location for ultimate convenience. Equip your team with the vital first aid skills they need to make a real difference in emergency situations.
- 1 day classroom training
- Pre and post course access to GAT Learning Management System (LMS)
- ISO9001 certified
- Delivered at our well resourced training centre, not a hotel room!
- High quality refreshments and lunch on course training day
Aviation First Aid Course Program
- Course introduction
- Introduction to first aid theory
- Healthcare for the individual crew member
- Physiological effects of flying
- Principles of first aid and the role of a first aider
- Treating conscious and unconscious, breathing casualties
- Treating unresponsive, not breathing casualties
- Basic Life Support (BLS), defibrillation and AED
- Dealing with common first aid incidents including shock, cardiac arrest, chest pain, stroke, asthma, diabetes, seizures, anaphylactic shock, fainting and hyperventilation
- Gastrointestinal disturbances - food poisoning and air sickness
- Contamination of the skin/eyes by aviation fuel or other fluid
- The contents and use of onboard first aid kits
- Oxygen administration (if applicable)
- Travel health and hygiene including malaria
- Practical training - choking, recovery position, CPR and AED
- General synopsis
Get more information on a bespoke course for your organisation
Aviation First Aid training is available at Global Air Training Centre, online and in-house. Enter your details below to receive more information on bespoke training for your organisation.